For A Moment Like This Special Events

Our goal is to provide our consumers with events you have waited a LIFETIME to happen, making your moment all the more magical. Whether its a Baby Shower or an Anniversary, your event deserves to be handled by the best. We pride ourselves on being the most affordable and detailed planning firm in our area. This blog is just our little way of connecting our ideas and your thoughts in order to mesh a beautiful creative medley. ENJOY!

Be sure to check out our website:
www.foramomentlikethisevents.webs.com


Give us a call for your free event consultation today at 870-872-2965 or email us at foramomentlikethisevents@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Engagement Party Replacement...Save The Dates




Back in the day...and I do mean BACK. lol When a couple became engaged it was customary to have a celebration in order to 'Publicly Announce' your upcoming marriage. Well Im sorry to inform you but....the engagement party in 2011 is almost POINTLESS! Technology has taken the place of the party. Unless its a surprise proposal party then the guests that attend already KNOW of your engagement. And lets face it folks, the economy just isnt what it used to be. Please dont get me wrong, if its absolutely necessary for you to kick off your engagement with a party just to announce your upcoming wedding, then by all means, do what you like. But please, I am begging you to keep in mind that an event of this nature can NOT have all of the 'fat trimmed off.' You MUST go luxe or go home. Why host a party that is cheaply done and give your guests the impression that your wedding will be along the same lines? Its too big of a risk. And if you are ANYTHING like me, Im a girl that was born with GLITTER in my veins and would like to have a bridal shower, wedding shower, bachelorette party, etc....dont PLAGUE your close friends with having to feel as if they have to continually GIFT you until you say 'I Do.'
Now days most couples forego having an engagement party and opt for more controlled and affordable ways to give loved ones a first PEEK into their engagement by starting wedding websites as well as sending out posh Save The Date Cards. I must admit...Save The Date Cards EXCITE me!!! I love love love the ones that feature pictures of the love birds from a couples photo session. It does my heart good to look in my mailbox and pull out something PRETTY! Recently, I received one such pretty in the mail from a college friend that I am assisting with a long distance wedding in Wisconsin...I was FLOORED by how her wedding date 9-10-11 is now STUCK in my head. I said all of that to say this...dont LIMIT yourself to sharing the excitment of your love with only the guests that can make it to an engagement party, instead, SPREAD the love economically by looking into wedding websites and Save The Date cards. Trust me....it's a great investment! check out the weddingpaperdivas.com for these pretties featured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!